Thanks for visiting our page! Take a look around, gather the information that you’re looking for and give us a call to arrange your quotation or if you prefer, drop your details into the form on the page
We’d also like you to take a look at our national solar panel installers site. When you’ve clicked the blue link above, scroll down to just after the two infographics on the page and read the section called: “Domestic Energy Bills – 2022”
Hopefully, you’ll find it interesting, not necessarily what you’d like to read but it’s just how it is. Give yourself some options.
Are you a homeowner looking for an alternative energy source to save money on electricity bills? A Solar panel installation for a London homeowner gives you the opportunity to reduce your energy usage from the grid by between 40% and 80%, depending on whether you have solar battery storage installed as well.
Solar panel installations are now cheaper than before as there has been a drop in the cost of manufacturing solar photovoltaic cells. Plus, there’s an increase in competition amongst solar installation companies. If you care for the environment, installing solar panels can also help you support London’s target of reducing its CO2 emission by 60% by the year 2025. This is all while generating an income from the extra power that you generate and supply to the grid.
Modern solar systems also have an increased product lifecycle, which means that you will get value for your money in the long term even if the initial cost of installation is high. Well-designed and properly installed solar systems require little maintenance, as you are only required to replace the inverter after 25 years.
We Are Solar Panel Installers In London
We offer a variety of solar renewable energy systems including: solar PV panels, solar assisted heat pumps for your hot water – day & night! solar micro-inverters, solar power-optimisers and solar battery storage systems. Our teams of installers are highly-trained renewable energy engineers who are MCS-certified and RECC-registered. Our knowledgeable renewable energy installers also use modern equipment during your installation to ensure that you get a safe, efficient and quality commissioning service, resulting in value for your money.
We Install Solar Panels In London
We are committed to helping the city transition to zero-carbon lifestyles and help households save energy. The use of solar panels is one of the best ways of reducing the need for fossil fuels and any form of non-renewable energy.
We will come up with a tailor-made solution according to your budget and the size of your roof. The roof surface exposed to direct sunlight is a proper place for your solar panels to be installed. As stated earlier, having a solar panel system as a backup for your energy needs will significantly reduce your energy bills and also help you whenever there are power blackouts.
Another benefit of solar panels is that you can generate some income by sending your surplus energy generated through the solar panels back to the national grid. Unlike the previous Feed-in-Tariff, the current Smart Export Guarantee allows homeowners to negotiate short-term contracts with different operators. This enables them to choose the provider who bids the highest fare and without exit fees. Solar panel owners in the UK can earn up to £600 per year from the sold electricity.
Solar PV Installations In London
We understand all the benefits of installing modern solar energy solutions for your home. Some of the solar technologies you can choose from include:
- Monocrystalline: These are the best choice for home applications due to their efficiency. Their design and construction allow more efficiency at higher temperatures. Monocrystalline solar panels are also more durable compared to others. You should, however, be prepared to pay higher for high quality and efficient technology.
- Polycrystalline: Most homeowners choose these solar panels as they are less expensive and still highly efficient.
- Thin-film: These solar panels are lightweight and highly portable. The technology is not yet popular among homeowners as it is still under development. Most people use these solar panels for mobile homes, boats and camper vans. There is a possibility that this technology may be the cheapest option in the future.
What Is The Cost Of Solar PV Installations In London?
The cost of solar panel installation depends on factors like size and type of the system you choose as well as the material of the panels. We will advise you about the number of solar panels you need depending on your average energy consumption, type and size of your roof and your budget. Most households in London can do with 3kW solar PV systems, which cost roughly between £4,000 and £6,000. We can discuss your needs and provide a quotation without any obligation on your part.
Click here for a complete list of all of the suburbs in London that we install Solar PV Panels & Solar Battery Storage Systems.
Solar Battery Storage Solutions
No matter how good your solar panel installation is, you cannot get maximum efficiency if you’re not incorporating solar battery storage.
You need solar battery storage for storing the excess and unused energy from your solar panels. Solar panels only generate electricity during the day, but we still need electricity at night. Without the batteries, your solar system will only be beneficial during the day, plus all the energy that is not in use will be lost.
On January 1st 2020, the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) was launched in the UK.
All Generators (you) who wish to receive payment for the electricity which they export back to the National Grid will need to apply to a SEG Licensee (an electricity supplier which offers a SEG tariff).
SEG Licensees must offer a SEG tariff to all eligible Generators.
As of February 2022 the SEG payments were from 0.5p per kWh to 7.5p per kWh. depending on your Licensee.
Let’s look at some scenarios here regarding your (the generator’s) use of electricity: if the household is out of the house for most of the day and things like the washing machine, dishwasher and any other “heavy users” are not programmed to come on during daylight hours, then the excess power that you are generating is being fed into the grid. Depending on your utility company (Licensee) you’ll be paid their SEG rate.
Were the excess power that your system generates when the house is empty or just not being used – being stored in your solar storage battery for later use, that would save you buying electricity from your supplier at “ballpark” 27p per kWh at the heaviest time for use of electricity for most households.
We invite you to contact us for a free feasibility study to ascertain the correct solar battery storage size for your requirements. It’s worth noting that a solar storage battery installed with solar panels is rated at 5% VAT. If the storage battery is fitted retrospectively, it’s rated at 20%! Click here for more information.
Solar batteries’ capacity may drop slightly over time, but the return on your investment is worth it if you have high-quality batteries. They will give you a longer lifecycle. Below are some of the solar batteries you can use for your solar systems.
- Lead-acid Batteries: Lead-acid batteries are more affordable compared to other types like Lithium-ion batteries. These batteries are further classified as flooded or sealed solar batteries. The flooded lead-acid batteries require more maintenance, compared to the sealed solar batteries, but they have a longer lifespan. A flooded lead-acid battery can last for 5 to 7 years, and a sealed one, 3 to 5 years.
- Lithium-ion Batteries: Most homeowners prefer these batteries because they are more compact and have more capacity. Unlike Lead-acid batteries that last for five years, Lithium-ion batteries from reputable manufacturers last for a minimum of 10 years. You will pay a little more for this type of battery, but you will get a better return on your investment in the long run.
Solar Assisted Heat Pump (SAHP)
Are you aware that gas boilers will not be allowed in newly built homes from 2025? Renewable heating solutions like solar assisted heat pumps, air-source heat pumps, and ground-source heat pumps are the solutions of the future. It is, therefore, wise to install a solar assisted heat pump now to follow the tide, plus you will also enjoy several other benefits.
What is a Solar Assisted Heat Pump?
A Solar Assisted Heat Pump is a Split unit Air to Water Heat Pump Water Heater.
They extract heat from the outside air very much in the same way that a fridge extracts heat from its inside.
In that way, they share the same refrigeration principles as other heat pumps, the closest heat pump relative being an Air Source Heat Pump, however…
Where an Air Source Heat Pump has:
* A rotary compressor
* An enclosed finned tube heat exchanger (evaporator)
* A large fan to convect air over the evaporator
* A plate heat exchanger (condenser)
* A motorised valve
* And a pump to circulate water through the plate heat exchanger.
A Solar Assisted Heat Pump has only:
*A reciprocating compressor & an externally sited aluminium roll bond heat exchanger (evaporator)
In addition to extracting heat from the outside air, Solar Assisted Heat Pumps also receive efficiency uplifts from solar irradiance on the externally sited & exposed, large surface area, aluminium roll bond heat exchanger panel when the sun is shining down on it.
In summary Solar Assisted Heat Pumps share the same basic principles of operation as an Air Source Heat Pump does but utilise passive convection (wind) rather than forced convection, so do not require fans, they heat the water directly, so they do not require pumps, plate heat exchangers or motorised valves and therefore have fewer moving parts, fewer maintenance actions, lower electrical consumption, low noise levels AND they utilise solar irradiance.
What are the consumer benefits of a Solar Assisted Heat Pump?
* Solar Assisted Heat Pumps are an efficient and cost-effective way of heating your hot water. End users could enjoy lower fuel bills, especially if they are replacing, Oil, LPG, or Electrical water heating.
* You can lower your homes carbon emissions, making your home more environmentally friendly and improving your homes EPC rating at the same time.
* Solar Assisted Heat Pumps have fewer moving parts than comparable systems for a more reliable and lower maintenance hot water heating system
* In comparison to other Solar systems, Solar Assisted Heat Pumps utilise Heat Pump and Solar principles, meaning they work both day and night to heat your hot water whenever its needed.
* Solar Assisted Heat Pumps are split unit air to water Heat Pumps, and therefore require a time served refrigeration engineer to commission the connections between the Heat Pump body and the externally sited evaporator – but don’t worry, we have a lot of registered engineers capable of competently installing our systems.
* Although the evaporator panel can be installed almost anywhere, there is a maximum pipe run length of 15 meters permitted between the Heat Pump body and the externally sited evaporator.
Installation costs are site-specific. As a guideline, Solar Assisted Heat Pumps typically require 1 day for installation by two time served tradesman, a plumber and refrigeration engineer. They are all accredited installers.
Any special planning permission?
Click here for a short video explaining the money saving aspects of this remarkable technology and why that is so.
Combining a Solar Assisted Heat Pump with existing/other renewables
With a growing number of consumers now generating their own electricity from Solar PV our range of Solar Assisted Heat Pumps incorporate intelligent controllers that have the capacity to send & receive a digital signal from a PV inverter to be notified when an inverter may be generating or exporting electricity.
When the systems receive this notification they act as a battery, heating the water within the hot water cylinder to a higher temperature, thereby storing the generated electricity in the form of hot water, ready to be used by the consumer when they need it.
Furthermore, the BMTB systems also incorporate a large surface area coil heat exchanger to facilitate connection to low flow temperature auxiliary heat sources such as air source heat pumps or solar thermal systems.
Solar Assisted Heat Pumps as the name suggests combines Heat Pump principles with Solar principles to provide a very practical, efficient, and cost-effective way of heating your Hot Water.
They only have one moving component and require minimal maintenance. They are reliable, operate quietly, and can reduce a households energy consumption, carbon emissions and fuel bill.
If you are looking to replace your hot water cylinder, or replace your hot water heating system, Solar Assisted Heat Pumps should be at the top of many peoples list.
The SAHP Retro-Fit is designed to work with your existing hot-water cylinder. This is particularly useful if your cylinder is fairly new (within 5 years or so)
With the cost of grid electricity rising every year, incorporating solar energy in your home will always be a good investment. Apart from saving on energy costs, solar energy also comes with the benefit of helping towards a cleaner environment and much more. We understand all these benefits of transitioning to solar energy, and that is why we remain committed to ensuring that we provide the best service for all the above solar energy solutions.