Solar Panel Installers Great Totham are your local Renewable Energy Company who specialise in the supply and installation of Solar PV Panels and Solar Battery Storage across the County of Essex.
Benefits of Solar Panels
The benefits of solar panels are many. They enable you to generate your own free electricity and combat carbon emissions, even on cloudy days!
Here are some of the benefits you can expect when your solar panel system is installed on your home in Great Totham:
- Cut your bills: Using the electricity that your solar panels produce means buying less electricity from the grid, resulting in lower energy bills. You can increase the savings on your bills by using your appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, etc.) during the day, when your solar panels are active. These small changes can result in big savings on your energy bill.
- Protect yourself from rising energy costs: Many energy providers are set to increase their prices as fixed rates come to an end. These were rumoured to be by up to 30% in 2022 as published in the media in October 2021.
- Sell your electricity back to the grid: You can sell your excess electricity produced by your system back to the grid through the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG). You could alternatively store it in batteries for use later in the day.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Solar electricity is green renewable energy and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide or other pollutants. Your solar PV system could save over a tonne and a half of carbon dioxide escaping into the atmosphere per year.
How much is my solar panel system for my home in Great Totham going to cost?
There’s a few factors to consider on how much the cost is:
- When you’re contemplating investing in solar panels, it is important that you consider your electricity consumption needs. The right size for your home and individual requirements will depend on how much energy is being used in your home per day or week. We’ll help you calculate that when we carry out your free feasibility study.
- The two most common types of solar panels that are installed in homes are monocrystalline and polycrystalline. Monocrystalline solar panels are the most efficient type at between 15%-20% but they’re also the more expensive. Polycrystalline solar panels are the popular choice as they are both affordable with decent efficiency with a rate of between 13-16%.
- The complexity of the installation often determines the final price tag and a professional installation is best for this reason. One factor that affects the overall cost significantly is an angle or placement decision. You have to take into account the number of panels, the angling of the panels, and the strength of the roof. The solar panels are attached to the “rails” (sometimes an “A” frame is used) using specially designed clips which bolt onto the edges. These enable the panels to be removed quickly and easily for roof maintenance when necessary. Electrical cables behind each panel are connected to the adjoining panel to form a “string”.
- Installing additional components while installing the solar panels will add to the cost of your solar panel system. Maybe you want to install a solar battery storage system or extra features like pigeon proofing (a great idea!)
Regarding the installation of a solar battery storage system. Adding a solar battery storage system will, of course, increase your initial investment into installing your own solar-powered energy system but it may well pay off in the long run. By storing excess electricity from your panels when they’re not being used (after dark) and using that stored power to meet peaks throughout each day or week you’ll have saved yourself money by reducing peak consumption rates which will inevitably increase costs over time as we all chase after ever-growing energy demands.
Is it worth installing solar panels?
People often question if they are a good investment. The initial outlay for this may seem high, but in the long run, you will save money and increase your property’s market value with your investment.
Take a look at this chart from the Ofgem Data Portal:
All predictions point to this trend continuing!
During the feasibility study, we’ll ascertain your annual electricity usage as well as assess how many panels you’re able to install depending on the available space on your roof (maybe ground space) with regard to its orientation as well.
Solar panels usually produce enough electricity to seriously reduce the cost of your electricity bill, especially by using your appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, etc.) during the day, when your solar panels are active. These small changes can result in big savings on your energy bill.
Solar panels, inverter & battery installed:
After our MCS registered installers have secured the solar panels to the “rails” frame and wired them in, the inverter is installed and connected to the battery (if chosen) and the grid input. The inverter transforms the energy (DC) generated from the solar panels into electricity (AC) that your home can use.
Connect the system to the grid:
After your solar panel installation has been completed, the entire system will be connected to the consumer unit which will reside in your fuse box. Finally, our installer’s will then ensure that all of the new cabling is neatly installed with a black or white conduit that will suit your home.
A solar PV system installed on your home in Great Totham should provide you with free renewable energy for around 25 to 30 years. Also, active solar panels that have been installed correctly will give you:
- Lower electricity bills.
- Reduced dependence on your utility company.
- A valuable financial buffer from never-ending and ever-increasing energy costs.
- A greener, more environmentally-friendly home.
- Increased property value.
- The opportunity to earn payments through the Smart Export Guarantee.