Our Braintree Solar Panel Workshops Help People. They are Online & FREE!
“I had three quotes and each one was very different”
“One chap blinded me with science!”
“I just hope I’ve made the right choice.”
Click the button below for more details.
“After a couple of workshops, I learnt so much which helped me no end when I arranged quotations. I understood what was being suggested and why.”
Green Clean Renewable
If you are considering green, clean renewable solar energy, contact us today for questions answered, more information and your free quotation.
Our knowledgeable and friendly solar energy team are waiting for your call.
Solar PV (Photovoltaic) Installation
Reducing carbon emissions while lowering your energy bills
Solar Battery Storage System
Store your excess energy for later use. Buy less from the grid
Electric Car Home Charger Installation
A dedicated EV home charging point.
Solar Panel Installers Ltd. employ their installation experts. We do not sub-contract.
You, the customer need to know that from your initial enquiry through to the commissioning of your system, one company has been with you throughout.
We have total control over our business.
Solar Panel Installers braintree At
We Install Solar Panels In
And The Rest Of Essex
Solar Panel Installers [acf field="city"] are your local Renewable Energy Company who specialise in the supply and installation of Solar PV Panels and Solar Battery Storage across the County of Essex.
Benefits of Solar Panels [acf field="city"]
The benefits of solar panels are many. They enable you to generate your own free electricity and combat carbon emissions, even on cloudy days!
Here are some of the benefits you can expect when your solar panel system is installed on your home in [acf field=”city”].
- Cut your bills: Using the electricity that your solar panels produce means buying less electricity from the grid, resulting in lower energy bills. You can increase the savings on your bills by using your appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, etc.) during the day, when your solar panels are active. These small changes can result in big savings on your energy bill.
- Protect yourself from rising energy costs: Many energy providers are set to increase their prices as fixed rates come to an end. These were rumoured to be by up to 30% in 2022 as published in the media in October 2021.
- Sell your electricity back to the grid: You can sell your excess electricity produced by your system back to the grid through the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG). You could alternatively store it in batteries for use later in the day.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Solar electricity is green renewable energy and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide or other pollutants. Your solar PV system could save over a tonne and a half of carbon dioxide escaping into the atmosphere per year.
How much is my solar panel system for my home in or near [acf field="city"] going to cost?
There’s a few factors to consider on how much the cost is:
- When you’re contemplating investing in solar panels, it is important that you consider your electricity consumption needs. The right size for your home and individual requirements will depend on how much energy is being used in your home per day or week. We’ll help you calculate that when we carry out your free feasibility study.
- The two most common types of solar panels that are installed in homes are monocrystalline and polycrystalline. Monocrystalline solar panels are the most efficient type at between 15%-20% but they’re also the more expensive. Polycrystalline solar panels are the popular choice as they are both affordable with decent efficiency with a rate of between 13-16%.
- The complexity of the installation often determines the final price tag and a professional installation is best for this reason. One factor that affects the overall cost significantly is an angle or placement decision. You have to take into account the number of panels, the angling of the panels and the strength of the roof. The solar panels are attached to the “rails” (sometimes an “A” frame is used) using specially designed clips which bolt onto the edges. These enable the panels to be removed quickly and easily for roof maintenance when necessary. Electrical cables behind each panel are connected to the adjoining panel to form a “string”.
4. Installing additional components while installing the solar panels will add to the cost of your solar panel system. Maybe you want to install a solar battery storage system or extra features like pigeon proofing (a great idea!)
Regarding the installation of a solar battery storage system. Adding a solar battery storage system will, of course, increase your initial investment into installing your own solar-powered energy system but it may well pay off in the long run. By storing excess electricity from your panels when they’re not being used (after dark) and using that stored power to meet peaks throughout each day or week you’ll have saved yourself money by reducing peak consumption rates which will inevitably increase costs over time as we all chase after ever-growing energy demands.
Is it worth installing solar panels in [acf field="city"] ?
People often question if they are a good investment. The initial outlay for this may seem high, but in the long run you will save money and increase your property’s market value with your investment.
Take a look at this chart from the Ofgem Data Portal:
All predictions point to this trend continuing!
During the feasibility study we’ll ascertain your annual electricity usage as well as assess how many panels you’re able to install depending on the available space on your roof (maybe ground space) with regard to its orientation as well.
Solar panels usually produce enough electricity to seriously reduce the cost of your electricity bill, especially by using your appliances (washing machine, dishwasher, etc.) during the day, when your solar panels are active. These small changes can result in big savings on your energy bill.
A solar PV system installed on your home in Colchester should provide you with free renewable energy for around 25 to 30 years. Also, active solar panels that have been installed correctly will give you:
- Lower electricity bills.
- Reduced dependence on your utility company.
- A valuable financial buffer from never-ending and ever-increasing energy costs.
- A greener, more environmentally-friendly home.
- Increased property value.
- The opportunity to earn payments through the Smart Export Guarantee.
Solar panels, inverter & battery installed:
After our MCS registered installers have secured the solar panels to the “rails” frame and wired them in, the inverter is installed and connected to the battery (if chosen) and the grid input. The inverter transforms the energy (DC) generated from the solar panels into electricity (AC) that your home can use.
Connect the system to the grid:
After your solar panel installation has been completed, the entire system will be connected to the consumer unit which will reside in your fuse box. Finally, our installer’s will then ensure that all of the new cabling is neatly installed with a black or white conduit that will suit your home.
Solar Panel Installers [acf field="city"]
We only install brands that are historically proven to be safe and reliable.
“The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot – it can’t be done.
If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is as well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.
Solar Panel Installers [acf field=”city”] are your local Renewable Energy Company who specialise in the supply and installation of Solar PV Panels and Solar Battery Storage across the County of Essex.
How Does A Solar Panel System Reduce Your Electricity Bill?
Here’s a more detailed explanation of
Photons in sunlight knock electrons loose from the atoms in the photovoltaic cells, generating a flow of electricity.
The photovoltaic cells are made up of layers of semiconductor materials, usually silicon. When sunlight hits the cell, it creates an electric field across the layers.
The electric field causes the electrons to flow, creating a current. Metal conductive plates on the top and bottom of the cell collect the current and direct it through wires to the inverter.
The inverter converts the DC electricity produced by the solar panel into AC electricity, which is the type of electricity used in homes and businesses.
The AC electricity is then sent to a breaker panel, where it is distributed to the electrical devices in your home or business. Any excess electricity can be sent back to the grid if you are connected to one.
Overall, solar panels use the energy from the sun to produce electricity, which can be used to power your home or business and reduce your reliance on fossil fuels.
A solar inverter, also known as a photovoltaic (PV) inverter, converts the direct current (DC) electricity produced by solar panels into alternating current (AC) electricity, which is the type of electricity that is used in most homes and businesses.
Here is how it works:
- The solar panels on the roof of a home or building capture sunlight and convert it into DC electricity.
- The DC electricity is then sent to the solar inverter, which is typically mounted on a suitable wall or in a loft space, maybe in a utility room.
- The inverter converts the DC electricity into AC electricity, which is compatible with the electrical grid and can be used to power appliances and devices in the home or building.
- The AC electricity is then sent to the main electrical panel, also known as the breaker box or fuse box, where it can be distributed to different circuits and outlets throughout the home or building.
Some solar inverters are designed to work with a single solar panel or a small array of panels, while others are designed to work with larger solar systems that have many panels. There are several different types of solar inverters available, including string inverters, microinverters, and central inverters. Each type has its own unique features and benefits, and the best choice for a particular installation will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the system.
As opposed to a “traditional” inverter, micro – inverters are devices that convert direct current (DC) electricity, which is produced by solar panels, into alternating current (AC) electricity, which is the type of electricity that is used in homes and businesses. They are typically installed in photovoltaic (PV) systems to maximize the efficiency of the system and to allow each solar panel to operate independently.
Here’s how microinverters work:
- Solar panels generate DC electricity when they are exposed to sunlight.
- The DC electricity is sent to the microinverter, which is typically mounted on the back of the solar panel or on a nearby wall.
- The microinverter converts the DC electricity into AC electricity using an electronic circuit.
- The AC electricity is then sent to a distribution panel or an electrical load, such as an appliance or a light.
Microinverters have several benefits over traditional inverters, which are used in most PV systems. For example, microinverters allow each solar panel to operate independently, which can increase the overall efficiency of the system. They also allow for easier maintenance and troubleshooting, as each solar panel can be tested and monitored individually. In addition, microinverters are typically more reliable than traditional inverters, as they have fewer components and are less prone to failure
Solar storage batteries are used to store excess energy produced by solar panels so it can be used at a later time, such as when the sun is not shining or during a power outage.
Here’s how they work:
- Solar panels absorb sunlight and convert it into direct current (DC) electricity.
- The DC electricity is sent to a solar inverter, which converts it into alternating current (AC) electricity that can be used by household appliances.
- Any excess solar energy that is not used is sent to a solar storage battery.
- The battery stores the excess energy in the form of chemical energy. When the battery is full, it will stop accepting more energy.
- When the solar panels are not producing enough energy to meet the demand (e.g., at night or during a power outage), the battery will release the stored energy in the form of AC electricity.
- The released energy is then sent to the household’s electrical panel and distributed to appliances as needed.
Solar storage batteries come in a variety of sizes and types, including lead-acid, lithium-ion, and nickel-metal hydride. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, such as cost, lifespan, and efficiency.
Is A Solar Panel Installation Right For Me?
Solar Panel Installers [acf field=”city”] invite you to click the link below which they consider to be an easy to understand and concise explanation of the energy situation in the UK as laid out by Liz Truss recently.
Having looked at that and in order for you to carry out your own due diligence regarding “is a Solar Panel Installation right for me?” all of our quotations include this very important and useful information listed below.
Solar Panel Installers Brentwood will ensure that any estimate of savings, periods of recovery (‘payback’) or other measures of financial effectiveness they provide to their potential customer’s are provided in writing and are based on the potential customer’s actual energy use and pattern of energy use. Any assumptions that have been made (for example, about future energy prices, interest rates or inflation) will be set out, clearly explained and attributed to a reputable source.
We look forward to helping you decide. Click here to discover your options.
We Install Solar Panels In
Some Of My Roof Is Shaded
No Problem, Watch The Short Video Below...
Solar Panel Installers [acf field="city"]
Solar Panel Installers UK
Some Solar Panel Installation Frequently Asked Questions:
Installing solar panels in Braintree, Essex, can still be a valuable investment. There are several reasons why it is worth considering:
Cost savings: Solar panels allow you to generate electricity, reducing dependence on traditional energy sources and resulting in potential long-term cost savings on your energy bills.
Environmental benefits: Solar panels produce clean, renewable energy, which helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions and mitigate climate change’s impact. You contribute to a more sustainable and eco-friendly future by opting for solar panels.
Government incentives: In the UK, various government incentives and support schemes are available for solar panel installations. These incentives, such as the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) can provide financial benefits, including payments for excess energy generated and exported to the grid.
Increased property value: Solar panels can enhance the value of your property. Many homebuyers are increasingly interested in eco-friendly features, and installing solar panels can make your property more attractive to potential buyers.
To proceed with the installation, consulting with local solar panel installers near me is recommended. They can assess your property, provide personalised advice, and offer quotations tailored to your requirements. Their expertise and knowledge of local regulations will ensure a smooth and efficient installation process.
Determining the average cost of solar panels can depend on various factors, such as the panel’s type, size, and efficiency, as well as the brand and any additional features it may have. While I don’t have access to real-time pricing information, it’s important to note that solar panels are typically installed as part of a larger system rather than individually. The total cost of a solar panel installation includes the panels themselves and the mounting equipment, inverters, wiring, permits, and installation labour.
To get an accurate estimate of the cost, it is recommended to consult with reputable solar panel installers in Braintree, Essex. They can assess your requirements, provide customised quotes, and guide you through the options. They will consider factors such as your energy needs, roof space, and budget to provide you with a comprehensive cost estimate for the entire solar panel installation.
Determining the amount of solar power, you need depends on your energy consumption and goals. To calculate your solar power needs, you can follow these steps:
Assess your energy consumption: Review your past utility bills to determine your average monthly kilowatt-hours (kWh) usage. This will give you an idea of your current electricity needs.
Consider solar panel efficiency: Solar panels near me have different efficiencies in converting sunlight into electricity. Typically, a residential solar panel system can generate around 3 to 4 kWh per day per installed kilowatt (kW) solar capacity.
Calculate required solar capacity: Divide your average monthly energy consumption by the number of days in a month, then divide it by the daily kWh per kW output of solar panels. For example, if your monthly energy consumption is 600 kWh, and you assume an average solar production of 3.5 kWh per day per kW, you would need approximately 5.7 kW of solar panel capacity (600 kWh / 30 days / 3.5 kWh per day per kW).
It’s important to note that these calculations provide a rough estimate. To get a more accurate assessment of your solar power needs, it is recommended to consult with local solar panel installation Braintree Essex companies in Braintree, Essex. They can assess your energy usage, evaluate your roof space, and consider other factors to provide you with a tailored recommendation for the optimal solar panel capacity to meet your specific requirements.
Certainly! An electrician can handle the installation of solar panels since it involves electrical work. They have the necessary knowledge and expertise to connect the panels to your property’s electrical system, ensuring proper wiring and safe connections.
However, it’s essential to note that solar panel installation is a specialised field beyond general electrical work. Hiring professional solar panel installers in Braintree, Essex, who specialise in solar installations, is advisable for optimal results. These experts possess specific training and experience in designing and installing solar panel systems.
When searching for the best solar panel installers in Braintree, Essex, consider their reputation, experience, certifications, and customer reviews. Trusted installers will provide expert guidance on selecting the best solar panels for your needs and ensure a high-quality installation that complies with industry standards.
By entrusting the installation to professional solar panel installers, you can have confidence in the installation process’s safety, efficiency, and compliance.
When considering the best solar battery storage in Braintree, Essex, for cold weather in Braintree, Essex, it’s essential to focus on batteries that are designed to perform well in low temperatures. Here are some factors to consider:
Temperature range: Look for solar batteries with a wide operating temperature range. Some batteries are specifically designed to withstand extreme temperatures, including cold weather conditions.
Cold weather performance: Check the specifications or consult the manufacturer to ensure the battery performs optimally in cold climates. Look for efficient charge/discharge batteries even in freezing temperatures.
Capacity and power output: Consider the capacity and power output of the battery to meet your energy storage needs. It’s important to select a battery with sufficient storage capacity to handle your energy requirements during cold weather periods when solar generation may be limited.
Battery chemistry: Different battery chemistries have varying performance characteristics in cold temperatures. Lithium-ion batteries are generally known for better performance in colder climates than lead-acid batteries.
Manufacturer reputation: Choose batteries from reputable manufacturers known for producing reliable and durable energy storage solutions: research customer reviews and feedback to gauge the performance of the batteries in real-world scenarios.
When searching for the best solar battery options for cold weather in Braintree, Essex, consulting with local solar battery storage providers is recommended. They can offer personalised advice based on your specific energy needs, budget, and the prevailing weather conditions in the area. Their expertise will help you select the most suitable solar battery bank to withstand and perform well in cold weather conditions.
What OUR Customers Say:
read more close
leccy bill has dropped considerably. Being able to store the energy we don't use during the day is such a bonus! Best thing we've ever done! Highly recommend solar and this company.
read more close
reliable and experienced solar panel installer in the area, look no further than this company!
read more close
so much time explaining the monitoring app to me and my many other questions! You're a star! I will highly recommend your company - thank you.
read more close
providing a quote and their remarkable knowledge, made them a no-brainer to deal with. Highly recommended. Thank you.
read more close
craft, are very personable, fast and extremely efficient. It was a pleasure having them on-site. They're friendly and helpful as well as very knowledgeable. We recommend them and their products very highly.Thank you to all involved!
read more close
in a friendly and patient manner. They are one of the best Solar Panel Installers in Braintree.
read more close
highest standard. The end result is a beautiful set of solar panels that are now providing me with clean, renewable energy for my home.